The nurses in the neonatal intensive care unit are not identifying important clinical changes in the clients that need to be documented. The unit director should initiate which of the following actions? Select all that apply.
1. Identify the problem at a staff meeting without placing blame on any individual or group.
2. Ask the unit staff to develop a plan that they think will work for the unit members.
3. Ask an experienced nurse to spend time reorienting newer staff members.
4. Collaborate with the staff development educator to develop a plan.
5. Ask the neonatologist to give a presentation about assessing newborns.
All areas concerned with the safety and quality of care need to participate in the decision-making process and arrive at a plan that will meet the needs of the clients on the neonatal care unit. Identifying the problem at a staff meeting is an ideal forum to bring up the need for improvement and education. The staff is an integral part of the development team. The staff educator is an important member of the team and is responsible for orienting new nurses to the unit.
Asking an experienced staff member to spend time in reorienting staffmembers is difficult to do as the nurses have their own clients to care for. Although the unit director can obtain additional information from the physicians about the problem, the nursing staff has responsibility for assuring that they are providing safe and high quality care.
CN: Safety and infection control; CL: Synthesize
小编寄语：Don't panic after losing the lights, you can see the stars all over the sky.失去灯火之后不必慌乱，你还可以看见满天的繁星。