The nurse is assessing home care needs for a group of clients. Which clients qualify for home care services? Select all that apply.
1. The client who requires monitoring of prothrombin time due to Coumadin (warfarin) therapy.
2. The client who needs additional instruction regarding preparation of food on a low-sodium diet.
3. The client who has episodes of vertigo that result in falls.
4. The client who has multiple sclerosis with an open, draining lesion on a foot.
5. Needs stronger lenses for glasses.
The National Association for Home Care (NAHC) defines “home care” as services for people who are recovering, disabled, or chronically ill and who are in need of treatment or support to function effectively in the home environment.
The client with multiple sclerosis and an open lesion is at risk for infection and will require assistance with managing the lesion. Prothrombin monitoring is usually done at the clinic or health care provider office. Diet instruction can be accomplished at a health care facility or dietitian office. The client with vertigo should be monitored for safety in the home. Clients receiving home care services are usually under the care of a physician with the focus of care being treatment or rehabilitation. Lenses for glasses can be evaluated at an eye clinic or an ophthalmologist’s office; a prescription for stronger lenses could be written.
CN: Management of care; CL: Evaluate
小编寄语：There are only people who can't think of it in the world. There is no way out.世界上只有想不通的人，没有走不通的路。